"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-Christopher Robin to Pooh

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pocket Full of Daisies


 
Over the presidents day weekend I went out on a trip with a good friend of mine to an Ulta store! This was my first time visiting one, and I loved it! I went a little crazy on the nail polish though. 
So I got some colors I thought were just adorable. Perfect for the springy weather we've been having here in California. Plus I just love girly pastel colors!! The main reason I even went to Ulta was to get China Glaze brand nail polish to try out. None of the colors really sang to me, but i thought the red orange color was quite nice and I didn't have a color like that in my oddball collection. From right to left the colors I got are China Glaze's 093 'thataway', Orly's Lollipop, Gumdrop, Lemonade, and Cotton Candy, and Essie's 709 Tart Deco.

I've been wanting to try them ever since I got them, so I came up with a cute and simple spring time design for everyday wear! Here's what I used:


I always recommend using a base coat, to protect your nails and to keep the nail polish on longer. Then give two nice coats of a light blue of your choice. Don't worry about getting nail polish around the edges, a little nail polish remover will get rid of it in the end.


Now take a dotting tool, or bobby pin/toothpick/sewing pin and place three dots on each nail, don't put them too close together or else the flower petals will run into each other. You can do this in yellow, or orange if you want. Orange and blue are complimentary colors, which means they will be appealing to the eye.

Take your dotting tool again and carefully make ovals with your white polish. These are the petals. Put five to six petals around each dot, depending on how much room there is. 


Be sure to clean up all the edges with a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover. Once all the flowers are painted on, wait for them to dry fully and add a generous top coat to your nails to protect your delicate flowers!


I really hope you enjoyed this fun, spring time design! 




No comments:

Post a Comment